Thursday 24 September 2015

Island 293 - Braddock Island, Strangford Lough, Northern Ireland

Braddock Island is a small tidal island with a house on it located 200 metres to the east of Whiterock Village on the eastern side of Strangford Lough.  Unusually there were no Private signs, apart from one on the short track leading to the shore, which could be avoided by walking along the beach.  I ventured across the gravel causeway at low tide and walked part of the way round the north side of the island on the outside of the wall surrounding the garden of the house.  

In the unlikely event that the owner of Braddock Island reads this post, I did not go anywhere near the house or enter the garden at any point.  I sat on a rock above the high tide level for the required 10 minutes, took a few photos and then made my way back to Whiterock.   There didn't appear to be anyone at home in the house on the island when I made my brief visit.


 Braddock Island from Whiterock

 Looking north towards Sketrick Island

 House from the shore

The only house on Braddock Island

1 comment: