Ramsey Island on the north coast of the Dengie Peninsula and south bank of the River Blackwater in Essex is no longer a true island. It used to be separated from the mainland of Essex by a tidal creek known as The Wade but the entrance to the creek was closed off with a sea wall in the late 19th/early 20th century. Part of the village of St Lawrence is located on Ramsey Island. There is a pub called The Stone Inn and the Stone Sailing Club on the island.
An Ordnance Survey map of the area, which was surveyed in 1874 marks oyster beds in the area where the Stone Sailing Club is now located but fewer than 10 houses on the island. A few more houses had been built along Tinnocks Lane by the early 1920s but by this time the oyster beds had become disused.